Friday, September 5, 2008

Memories

I am almost ready for my trip.My suitcases are packed,I just have to throw a couple more things and zip them up.
That is why I kind of relaxed and let myself play around with some paints.I go on trying new things.This one was painted with gouache in my sketchbook.The paper was lightweight and it buckled a little bit.I should have gessoed the paper beforehand.
I borrowed the topic from IllustrationFriday.com.I like to browse this site although I am not a member.I get a lot of inspiration from there seeing so many great works.So,the other day I started thinking what would I paint if I had to participate in the monthly challenge named Memories.I came up with this painting of two kids playing with chickens.When I was little I loved to visit my grandparents' village and play with the domestic animals and my cousins.

No comments: