Thursday, March 14, 2013

Illustration Friday:Yesterday


This acrylic painting is not new.I remember the exact date I painted it.It was 4th of July,2008, three months after we went back to our house.In 2007,in August there was a devastating flood that wrecked our little town and our house including.We rebuilt the house and went back at the end of March.During the renovation we transformed one unused,bats infested closet in our house into an art studio.I was sooo happy!To be back home?!!To have my own studio?!?!That made me dizzy from happiness for months.So,on 4th of July,early in the morning,when everybody in the house was sleeping I went up to my studio and painted this portrait of my little daughter using one of my favourite pictures of her when she was about 3-4 years old.So that is what the word Yesterday stands for to me.

No comments: