Thursday, December 17, 2009

Handmade Christmas

Just decided to share some of the handmade decorations on our Christmas tree.They have been made by me with a little help of my daughter.
For the felt heart and the Madonna
I used the picture that you have left over when you use all the twenty post stamps of the panel.I laminated it and attached it to the heart.It reminds me about the Christmas we spent in the FEMA trailer after the flood.I felt so grateful and happy for being able to survive and having a roof over my had.
Don't you love that pink Christmas tree?It is entirely my daughter's design ans completion.
The sculptured Santa is made out of Sculpey clay and it was inspired by a Hallmark Christmas decoration.I had to bake it in my toaster oven and painted it with acrylic paints.The other felt heart and the Christmas tree were a team effort.I was trying to teach my daughter how to sew by hand,so I had to hold the cloth for her and make sure she did not poke her fingers.













No comments: